World In Sign is a new company and is currently seeking a paralegal.
Paralegals perform procedural legal work. They know how to relate to a variety of people in a variety of situations, they are highly trustworthy, discreet, and use good judgment. They have strong writing and oral skills. They are supervised by a lawyer.
Day-to-day life as a paralegal at World In Sign includes assisting the lawyer by drafting and proof-reading legal documents (contracts, agreements, policies and more) and researching, gathering and presenting information upon request. The paralegal is in charge of organizing and maintaining a comprehensive filing system on-line, send documents for signature with follow-up and filing. They also support the grant writer by proof-reading and reviewing proposals for language and legal accuracy.
Responsibilities and Duties
To provide high quality service to the company.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system
- Preparing briefs, contracts, agreements and other legal documents
- Investigating facts and laws and searching public records and other resources to prepare legal documents
- Gathering and analyzing statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, documents and other data
- Filing and maintaining corporate records and company licensing to keep the company in good standing with federal and state administration
- Responsible for reviewing, tracking, and monitoring new legislation/regulations affecting the business (including products and processes) and informing the leadership in a timely manner
- Assisting in implementing changes to contracts to comply with legislation/regulations
- Responsible for support related to litigation, mediation, arbitration, and responses to complaints
- Coordinating the attorney’s schedule
- Handling sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Producing documents related to the development and implementation of corporate policies and templates
- Overseeing the contract process, including planning, collaboration, negotiation, and execution
- Responsible for reviewing, tracking, and monitoring legislation that impacts the company’s products and/or processes
Education, experience, technology and, skills
- Associate degree in paralegal studies required
- A minimum of 1 year of related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn American Sign Language
- Proficiency in basic computer and technology skills, including Microsoft Office Suite of products required.
- Must have a computer with webcam able to process work from home and virtual meetings (on Zoom, Teams or other software) via the internet.
- National certification, such as those offered by NALA or AACP, is a plus
Up to 32 hours a week
Based on diploma, experience and skills
How to Apply?
Complete an on-line application (click below) and attach a resume/CV and cover letter with the position title, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.