World In Sign is a new company and is currently seeking an office manager.
Office managers organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. They are responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to organize their work and ensure efficient operation of the office. They are energetic professional and don’t mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people. They are responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. They have the ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all office duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality.
Day-to-day life as an office manager at World In Sign includes planning freelance interpreters’ schedule smoothly, coordinating various calendars, managing the schedule for the recording studio, take reservations for interpreters, translators, recording studio and other scheduling tasks. Inform clients on procedures for interpreters. Send and follow up on agreements/contracts with clients. Take phone calls and messages, send emails, follow-up with clients and freelance workers.
Office managers are typically outgoing and friendly people who work well with many leadership’s personality types.
Responsibilities and Duties
To provide high quality service to the company.
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/scheduling systems
- Liaising with staff and clients
- Obtain information from clients to facilitate the work of interpreters and translators (presentations, scripts, context, etc.)
- Coordinate schedules
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Manage communication including emails, and phone calls as requested
- Screen phone calls, redirect calls, and take messages
- Organize and schedule appointments, meetings, and reservations as needed
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Maintain contact lists
- Handle multiple projects
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Coordinate office procedures
- Resolve administrative problems
- Willingness to learn specialized programs and procedures
Education, experience, technology and, skills
- High school diploma or higher required
- A minimum of 1 year of related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn American Sign Language
- Proficiency in basic computer and technology skills, including Microsoft Office Suite of products required.
- Must have a computer with webcam able to process work from home and virtual meetings (on Zoom, Teams or other software) via the internet.
- Working knowledge of other languages / sign languages is a plus but not required.
Up to 32 hours a week
Silver Springs, Maryland
Possibility of remote work from time to time
Based on diploma, experience and skills
How to Apply?
Complete an on-line application (click below) and attach a resume/CV and cover letter with the position title, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.