World In Sign is a new company and is currently seeking an administrative assistant.
Administrative assistants perform general administrative and clerical tasks. Strong administrative assistants excel at organization, management of multiple peoples’ time and expectations, and get things done before others recognize the need. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to organize their work and provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. They support managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. They are responsible for confidential and time sensitive material. They have the ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Day-to-day life as an administrative assistant includes coordinating various calendars, taking phone calls and messages, sending emails, prepping for large meetings and presentations, capturing notes in meetings, proof-reading documents, research information on manager or employees’ requests, and many other related tasks.
Administrative assistants are typically outgoing and friendly people who work well with many leadership’s personality types.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Develop, organize and maintain files and databases in a confidential manner
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Manage communication including emails, visitors’ requests and phone calls as requested
- Screen phone calls, redirect calls, and take messages
- Organize and schedule appointments, meetings, and reservations as needed
- Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Receive invoices and review for accuracy
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Coordinate staff travel arrangements including transportation and accommodations
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of reports
- Research and creates presentations
- Handle multiple projects
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other office staff
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Coordinate office procedures
- Resolve administrative problems
- Willingness to learn specialized programs and procedures
Education, experience, technology and, skills
- High school diploma or higher required
- A minimum of 1 year of related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn American Sign Language
- Proficiency in basic computer and technology skills, including Microsoft Office Suite of products required.
- Must have a computer with webcam able to process work from home and virtual meetings (on Zoom, Teams or other software) via the internet.
- Working knowledge of other languages / sign languages is a plus but not required.
Up to 32 hours a week
How to Apply?
Complete an on-line application (click below) and attach a resume/CV and cover letter with the position title, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.