Our company, World In Sign, is looking for a part-time (32 hrs week) Office Administrator, fluent or who has at least three (3) years of ASL, is organized and goal-oriented; able to keep our business operations running smoothly. Beyond greeting office visitors and answering phone calls and emails, you’ll also have the opportunity to help shape the way we run our office! This position will be available September 2022.
The Office Administrator will be reporting primarily to the Executive Director and to the Executive Management team. You will be the primary point of contact for our office. You will be responsible for handling clerical tasks in our office, handling incoming phone calls, scheduling Zoom meetings and other communications, finding ASL interpreters for onsite and remote internal and external business meetings, greeting clients and visitors, as well as managing files, updating paperwork and other documents, and performing other general office clerk duties and errands. Other duties include helping organize and maintain office common areas, maintaining office supply inventory, and maintaining office equipment as needed. Other duties as assigned to assist various departments.
Office Administrators are typically outgoing and friendly people who work well with many leadership personality types.
Education, experience, technology and, skills:
- High school diploma or associate’s degree.
- Experience as an office administrator or in a related field.
- Ensure the efficient performance of all departments in an organization
- Time-management skills
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Great communication skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of American Sign Language is required. (80% of office staff is deaf and/or hard of hearing)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
COVID19 vaccination is required for this on-site position.
8 am – 3:00 pm EST Mon – Thurs.
8 am – 12 noon EST Friday
Salary – dependent on experience